Parish of Gossops Green and Bewbush Safeguarding Statement
As members of this PCC we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all our members.
We recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
We are committed to implementing all safeguarding policies and practice guidance issued by the House of Bishops and have adopted the ‘Promoting a Safer Church; Safeguarding Policy Statement’
We will carefully select and train all those who work or volunteer in positions of trust. We will use the Disclosure and Barring Service, amongst other tools, to check the background of each person.
We will respond, without delay, to every concern made that a person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
We will co-operate fully with statutory agencies during any investigation concerning a member of the church community.
We will seek to ensure that anyone for whom we have pastoral responsibility who has suffered abuse is offered support that meets their needs.
We will respond appropriately to those who have committed sexual offences who wish to join our fellowship, following House of Bishop’s guidance and the advice of the Safeguarding Team.
We will review this policy annually and as part of this process will ensure that all our procedures, particularly in relation to the Disclosure and Barring Service, are up to date
Our Safeguarding Representative is:
Telephone number…….01293 532124
For referring concerns about a child or adult. If you believe that the person you are concerned about is at risk of imminent harm, this is an emergency and you should contact the police on 999 without delay
Child Protection: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel: 01403 229900 (out of hours, 033 022 26664)
Adult Protection: ·tel: 01243 642121
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor- Colin Perkins – Church House 01273 421021.
- If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please click on this link which takes you the Childline website, or telephone Childline on 0800 1111, web: https://www.childline.org.uk/
- If you are an adult and you need to access support about something that is happening to you, please click on this link to find out how you can do that. Scroll down to find links to various support organisations for you to contact. Web: https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/Ihavebeenabused/
- If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, please click on this link. Web: https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/contacttheteam/
- If you need to report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in Sussex, please click on this link, click on the option on the left that most describes the situation you are concerned about, and follow the advice and further links you find there. Please remember to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as well once you have contacted the statutory authorities. Web: https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/whatdoidoif/
Click here to download a pdf copy of our Safeguarding policy.